TEMPORARILY OUT OF STOCK - 1895/336 or 1894 Lever Action Scope Mount
WE APOLOGIZE FOR BEING OUT OF STOCK, BUT ANOTHER BATCH OF MOUNTS IS IN PRODUCTION AND SHOULD BE READY BY 1 JAN 2021.
PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU WANT TO BE ALERTED WHEN MOUNTS BECOME AVAILABLE.
- Fits Marlin® and similar 1895/336- or 1894-style leverguns
- Utilizes a one-piece design machined from heat-treated 4140 steel
- Attaches to the existing threaded holes on top of the receiver – no firearm modification necessary (click here for detailed installation instructions)
- Incorporates a cantilever design with a brass-tip stop screw to limit deflection
- Uses standard dual rotary-dovetail rings (not included)
- Positions the scope low and forward
- Allows thumb access to the hammer – eliminates the need for a hammer-spur extension
- Minimizes the chance of the scope contacting the shooter’s brow during recoil
Our levergun scope mounts have been designed to use standard rotary-dovetail rings, such as those available from Leupold® and Burris®, for positioning a scope lower and farther forward than allowed by previous mounts. The advantages achieved with this positioning are discussed in an article at this link:
(click link to view)
Scope and ring combinations
For the lowest and most compact arrangement on both the 1895/336 and the 1894, we recommend the following Leupold combination:
FX-II Ultralight 2.5x20mm (wide duplex #58450) [eyepiece 1.4in diameter]
This scope provides compact size, low weight, and sufficient magnification for most situations, while the rings provide a smooth profile for comfortably carrying the levergun by wrapping your hand around the receiver and scope. This combination locates the bottom of the eyepiece at only .110in above the top of the receiver.
For the 1894, the distance between the rear scope ring and the hammer limits scope choices to those having an eyepiece length similar to the FX-II. The added length of the magnification ring on most variable-power scopes will cause the scope to be positioned too far rearward to clear the hammer at half-cock.
For the 1895/336, the longer receiver allows for a variable-power scope, and we also recommend this Leupold combination:
VX-3i 2.5-8x36mm (duplex #170678) [eyepiece 1.6in diameter]
Eyepiece (dia.) Rings